So you want to know more about me! … Why?
Since you are determined here goes…
I’m a computer geek at the core. I had my first real experience with computers in middle school where I soon had the teacher asking me how to do things and referring students to me to answer questions and fix problems. At that point I was hooked. Since then I managed to get my BS in Computer Engineering and my MS in Computer Science. I have worked in several technology fields including Telecommunications, System Administration, Networking, Security, Programming, and the Financial Industry. I’m presently practicing my skills as a Hunt Team Lead and Manager with a focus on infrastructure and the cloud.
My current interests include: Enjoying time with and traveling with my Wife and Sons, Computer and Network Security, Gadgets, All things Open Source (focus on Linux), Trucks/Cars (My greasy hands hobby), Reading (which I’ve been slacking on lately), and most recently Fencing.
Some highlights in my tech life:
- Graduated BS Computer Engineering UF, May 1998
- Pledged to the “Order of the Engineer“, May 1998
- Member of TriLUG, Joined February 2000
- Published “Sharp Zaurus PDA Review“, April 2003
- Received my RHCE (Red Hat Certified Engineer), October 2003
- Chaired CALUG, May 2002 – August 2005
- Presented on Mobile Security at the CPLUG Security Conference, March 2005
- Program Committee LinuxWorld Expo and Summit NY, Boston, San Francisco 2006-2009
- Member of NOVALUG, 2006-Present
- Interviewed by Network World, August 2006
- Speaker LinuxWorld San Francisco, OS Security Panel 2006
- Member of the “Society of Industry Leaders“, October 2006
- Published “Managing a Grid, Part 3: Monitoring and Scheduling“, January 2007
- Published “Managing a Grid, Part 4: Day-to-day tasks for a grid admin“, January 2007
- Published “Migrating from WSRF to WSRT“, July 2007
- Graduated MS in Computer Science GU, January 2010
- Elected to Board of Directors tux.org, 2006-2012
- Joined the Fedora Security Team, July 2014
- Joined as a Committee member of BSidesDC, September 2014
- Became Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), June 2015
- Became AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate, October 2016
- Became Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), October 2017
- Became Certified Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK), July 2020
Projects I’m currently working on:
My day job is leading an Information Security Office in a large company.
Helping organize the BSidesDC October 2015/2016/2017/2018 events with a focus on CryptKids section, and now particpating on the Call For Papers (CFP) review board for BSidesDC (2015-2019) and BSidesCharm (2020)
PGP Information for Contact:
Fingerprint: 9BBD BB03 893C 9D7F A9F3 22F2 F705 2B03 863C 5631